How much does it cost to renovate on the Gold Coast
If you are thinking of renovating on the Gold Coast or buying a house to renovate on the Gold Coast here are some Figures that I use to help me quote that could be useful for you. Over the years I have come into contact with so many people who buy property to renovate,who lose money because they don’t do their home work. They speculate about the cost of trades with out having a realistic pricing structure.
- Plans from $1000 draftsman Architects are more expensive
- Council fees if extending the roof line from $1000+
- Carpenters $50ph
- Bricky $2 p brick laid, $5 p block laid $50ph
- Plumbers $70ph
- Electricians $70ph ( As a rule of thumb lights and swithes start from around $125 installed depending on difficulty)
- Rendering $30m2 brick, $35m2 Blueboard, $40pm2 foam
- Bathrooms From $7000 – ?
- Kitchens From $5000
- Plastering From $20m2
- Painting Internal From $5m2 per coat $6m2 Per coat (DIY internal and exterior paint start from around $120 per 15lt drum which covers aprox 100m2 after walls are primed)
- Tiling From $35 m2 for laying + cost of tile (
- Carpet $35 m2
- Timber and bamboo flooring From $50m2
- Insulation from $8m2 supply and installed
- Tile roof re spray From $1500 Depending on the size
- Re gutter From $2500 on a small 3 bed home
- New roof from $10000 on a small 3 bed home
- Asbestos removal From $600 per skip plus labour
- skip bins from $400
- Remote garage doors from $2000
- skylights $1000 each
- Air conditioning units from $1000. Plus gas from $235 per kg ( there are 2 types of gas when buying a unit make sure you get a unit that uses the cheap gas the expensive gas is double.
- Concreting driveways from $65 pm2 depending on finish. House slabs more expensive depending on thickness, excavation and technicality
- landscaping from $1000 depending on what you want( turf is usually around $15m2 laid)
These prices are just ball park figures to give you some idea of what the going rates are for each trade on the Gold Coast and Northern rivers.Before you make any decisions always get quotes from contractors.