EPS cladding V’s Blue board
This one is a no brain er guys, it stuns me that some builders are still choosing to use blue board over EPS or polystyrene.
As a solid plasterer and carpenter I have spent a lot of years working with these products and believe me there is no comparison.
EPS leaves blue board for dead full stop !!
I can guarantee that blue board will :
- Show every join through the render no matter how good the render er is after a couple of months.
- It hates moisture
- its hard and dusty to cut
- It has no insulation value
- Trades people hate it
- with in a year it will look old and horrible
EPS is :
- Virtually the same price hung and rendered as blue board
- Has excellent insulation qualities
- If installed and rendered properly, it will not crack
- Water resistant
- Easy to install
- Fully recyclable